Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Night/Day/Day/Night


As I read the post about the alarm and Saturday morning by Throwing Chairs.....and then the comment from Quinn about the eerie feeling when one wakes up and feels like it is morning instead of night.
This happened to me when my daughter was probably 3 years old. Her Dad worked 2nd shift and about 5pm she took a nap. I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 7 and she was still asleep and it felt like morning to me.
I freaked!!! First that she had slept all the way through the night. And then that her Dad wasn't home....he usually came home around 1am. I didn't know what to do!!!!!!! So I called my MOTHER-IN-LAW, who thought I was crazy and weird anyway, and began to ramble on about Child sleeping from 5pm to 7am and then where was her DAD????? He didn't come home from work????? My mother in law proceeded to tell me that it was only 7 in the evening and her Dad was still at work. And she asked me if I was okay. I didn't know what to say. She actually called her son at work and had him come home because I must be going nuts.....or worse yet....being the very early 70's....I must be on drugs!!!!!!!!!
Of course, I wasn't on drugs. Just fell into that night/day/day/night trap that I think everyone falls into at some point in their life.
Beware of:
Night/Day
Day/Night
Mother-in-laws

1 comment:

Эндий said...

hahahahahahaha

druggie ;D
:p