Saturday, September 27, 2008

Debates



I watched, with great interest, the first Presidential Debate. I am biased, I will admit. I love Obama. I think he is articulate, professional, and LOOKS like a President. I am not fond of John McCain at all. I respect what he has given for his country in a war that we didn't win. But to me, he represents the Old Guard in Washington.

As evidenced by the conditions in this country, the most serious conditions, we need new blood. We desperately need a new vision. We need a new direction. McCain will only give us more of the same. I can see that in what he says.

I was also put off by his refusal to look at Senator Obama. And for his condesending grins at inappropriate times. He isn't funny and he shouldn't try to be. It comes off bad and childish. He created no confidence in me whatsoever in anything he said. He, frankly, scares me. And what was with all the I, I, I he kept dwelling on. No, this isn't the man to lead this country.

Obama is. He is so well spoken and is totally grasping the pain down here in the middle and lower class. Although it does trouble me that neither speaks to the lower classes. The ones that are suffering the very most. McCain wants to freeze spending on EVERYTHING while giving out $700 billion that we have to BORROW to bail out the bad guys. Since when do we reward bad behavior? OH I forgot.....that is the Old Guard in Washington. This country needs Obama. We need Obama.

I clearly think Senator Obama made the best showing last night.

On the other hand, I think both candidates should have picked better running mates. Senator Biden, although I believe he has a right to say what he feels, is sometimes putting the foot in the mouth. Sarah Palin, however, talks to interviewers like she is talking to the PTA. Not the "maverick" I want as second in command. I am extremely anxious to see her debate Senator Biden.

We don't need "mavericks" in the White House. We need sensible leadership. And for that, we need to choose Obama.

No comments: