Saturday, July 24, 2010

Listening to Radio

I am slowly becoming my mother. Oh, of course I knew this would happen sooner or later. I was just hoping for later.
I started listening to radio talk shows. The only good radio talk shows are on two channels here in the Detroit area. WJR in Detroit and CKLW in Canada. WJR is a conservative radio station. I wish there were a liberal radio station with the same megahertz power of WJR as I would like to hear both sides of the issues.
This way I get confused as to whether I am a conservative or a liberal. Am I a Republican or a Democrat? I don't want to be either. I hate the fact that if you are one or the other, you have to "think" like "they" do. Hold the party line.
Let's see. I believe in the constitution. But do I believe in it literally? Not quite sure.
I believe in Freedom of Speech. But I don't believe that it means that people can spout off any word in front of me or my children or grandchildren. I don't think they have that right. I believe that Freedom of Speech has to do with Freedom of the Press...not the freedom to slander.
I think we have plenty of Freedom of Speech. Just listen to the talk shows on WJR. Rush Limbaugh(I think that is the right spelling), Sean Hannity and Mark Levin. Especially Mark Levin. He has some ripe opinions sometimes.
I believe in the Right to Bear Arms, though I don't own a gun and wouldn't. If an intruder came into my home, it would be more likely that he would use it to shoot me than me shooting him. And just yesterday, a police officer was gunned down in Taylor Michigan while talking to a suspect. The officer, married with two young children, died. The gunman was shot by the officer's partner. The gunman survived. But then again, if we made owning guns criminal, only criminals would have guns.
It says the right to bear arms to form a militia...yet anyone associated with being in a militia is considered to be against ANY form of government. I'm confused.

I am Pro-Choice. I believe that welfare shouldn't be necessary because if all religious organizations did what they are supposed to do, there would be no need for welfare. How is it that the Vatican is so extremely wealthy. Vow of Poverty? Where?

I am an atheist. I believe in evolution. (Things I am sure would shock my child and grandchildren) But my life became so unburdened when I finally admitted that I do not believe in a god. Nor do I believe in a devil. I believe in Right and Wrong. I believe in Good and Evil. In humanity. Because that is just the way it is. I'm not a Pagan because I don't believe in their many gods and goddesses. I am not a witch because I don't believe in their gods/goddesses either. So I must be an atheist. And I'm okay with that.

I love nature. I love animals of all kinds, especially spiders. LOL.

The basics of who I am and I'm not done finding out what more there is to me. I will soon be 60. An age I never could imagine being. Yet, here I am.
Listening to talk shows on the radio.

No comments: