Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Drunken Spider

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to take a bath, before I turned on the water, I see a spider struggling to turn over on the bottom of the tub. So being the spider sanctuary that it is here, I proceeded to turn him over so he could scamper away and I could fill the tub with water.
However, I had a heck of a time turning him over. Like he was unbalanced in some way. When I finally picked him up and put him on the wall, he would drop down on his silky spun string only to lose his footing and start swinging. Then he would land back on the wall and do this insanely hilarious dance before righting himself to climb up the wall again. And once again, he would lose his footing and repeat the process all over again.
I swear I could only see 6 legs on him! How he might have lost the two legs I couldn't find was beyond me.
But he looked like a drunken sailor of a spider. I spent much time just watching him.
AND I almost got a picture of the snake!!! I was talking to him while I watered the roses and by the time I got done and got the camera, he went into hiding. I will keep trying.
I like spiders and snakes.
Peace out

No comments: