Monday, March 2, 2009

Free of night




The night creeps in my space like a black panther
Sneaking up behind me.
The night is as black as a shark's eye and not a
speck of light can be found.
I light the candle rather than curse the dark.
The light cannot stay. It is swallowed by the darkness.
I am afraid, but then it turns to horrible sadness.
I feel the night wrapping around and around me.
The sadness becomes deeper and deeper.
I don't know what to do.
I cannot escape the cloak of darkness.
I try to stretch my arms but find I am tightly wrapped
In this cloak of sadness and fear.
What comes next?
I see a pinpoint of light.
I strain to make it come closer.
I feel the wrapping beginning to loosen.
My chance is coming to get away.
I am excited, I am happy.
I push and push with my arms as hard as I can.
I HAVE WINGS!!! Beautiful blue and black wings!
I am changed.
I am no longer sad and scared.
I am overjoyed to fly through the air in the bright warm sunshine.
I am FREE.

No comments: